Due to its geographical location and maritime exposure, Singapore’s climate is characterized by uniform temperature and pressure, high humidity and abundant rainfall. Sun is pretty damaging for the skin, therefore the suncare protection is important.
BEAUTY BEGINS WITH HEALTHY SKIN
Neutrogena is the #1 dermatologist recommended suncare brand in USA (based on 2014 Dermatologist Recommended Study conducted by Gfk ) and is one of the few brands in Singapore that boasts suncare protection for both the face and body.
i tried Neutrogena Ultra Sheer UV Waterlight SPF 50+ PA+++ and Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 50+ PA+++
i like to use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer UV Waterlight SPF 50+ PA+++ as it is lightweight yet able to provide spf coverage for my skin. Also, it is quickly absorb into the skin without leaving a oily or waxing feel. Applying a sunscreen with SPF 50 means it will take 50 minutes longer for your skin to get burn. Sunscreen is definately important and is part of my daily skincare regime.
And i am using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 50+ PA+++ when i go for my sun activities. This is my favorite sunscreen/daytime moisturizer. Most SPF lotions break me out and cause me to be a greasy mess! Other spf products also make my skin feels itchy when it is sticky. However not for this, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 50+ PA+++ absorbs completely, leaving only the slightest glow behind, and does not make me oilier throughout the day. In fact, it makes a great base for makeup, and I feel like my foundations lasts longer over this. The price is fair and the sunscreen actives provide solid UVA and UVB protection. I will def. keep buying!
Neutrogena Helioplex™ Technology
To protect skin from the harmful effects of UV light, Neutrogena has introduced revolutionary Helioplex™ technology that contains FDA-approved sunscreens covering the full UVA and UVB spectrum.
Though many sunscreens offer protection from UVA rays, this protection starts to breakdown when your skin is exposed to the sun. Helioplex™ prevents this from happening by stabilizing UVA protection so that even under highly intensive sunlight, you can be assured that your sun protection does its job more effectively over a longer period of time (up to 5 – 6 hours).
While choosing a sunscreen, it is important to make sure that it offers long-lasting, stable protection against both UVA and UVB rays. The Sun Protection factor (SPF) and the PA rating measures the protection against UVB rays and UVA rays respectively.
1. Sun Protection factor (SPF)
– Measures how long you can stay in the sun without the sunscreen before
– For example – Applying a sunscreen with SPF 50 means it will take 50
minutes longer for your skin to get burn.
– SPF protection alone is not enough as it measures the protection against the sunburn caused by UVB rays only – not UVA.
2. PA rating
– A sunscreen with a PA rating means it blocks UVA rays.
– The more the “+” signs it has, the higher the UVA protection.
(The most “+”signs a sunscreen can have is 3)
– Protection against UVA rays is important because UVA rays have a longer
wavelength and they penetrate deeper into the skin, contributing to
premature aging and skin cancer.
Did You Know?
• Protecting your skin during the first 18 years of life can reduce the risk of
some types of skin cancer by up to 78%.
• Severe sunburn during the first 15 years of life can double the risk of skin
• You can get sun damaged even on a cloudy day! Up to 80% of the sun’s rays
can penetrate light clouds, mist, and fog.
NEUTROGENA SUNCARE PRODUCTS: