Do you wear contact lens?
Do you know that poor contact lens care habits may lead to risks such as discomfort (dryness, redness, itchiness) and increase the risk for serious eye infections?
Synovate Inc., a global market research company did a survey and found some startling results about contact lens care in the US:
* 40% don’t wash their hands prior to handling their lenses.
* 20% don’t use fresh solution when cleaning their lenses.
* 40% have put their lenses in their mouth to clean them.
* 70% wear their contact lenses when swimming.
It is estimated that there are more than 500,000 contact wearers in Singapore and about 200 cases of eye infection are diagnosed in every 100,000 contact lens wearers.
Experts agree that compliance with proper lens care and regular eye checks at least one a year by an eye care practitioner is critical to maintain good eye health for contact lens wearers.
While multi-purpose solutions (MPS) represent the majority of systems used for the care of soft contact lenses, it is important to adhere to the cleansing regimen with three simple steps.
The rub and rinse regimen with multi-purpose disinfecting solution effectively kills 90% of bacteria and fungi while disinfecting the lenses by soaking them helps to removes any residual microorganism
1) Rubbing – Using a suitable multi-purpose disinfecting solution (MPDS) , place contact lens on the palm and rub both sides of the lens from the centre to the edges gently with your index finger.
2) Disinfecting – Soak your lenses in fresh disinfecting solution for at least 6 hours. Lens case should be cleaned after use and replaced every 1 – 3 months.
3) Rinsing – Rinse the lens with fresh disinfecting solution before wearing to refresh the lens surface and remove any traces of debris.
To address the problem of non-compliant contact lens wearers, there is a need for the development of next generation solutions which can remove a broader spectrum of potentially harmful microorganisms including Acanthamoeba which causes 90% of keratitis cases, in order to minimize eye infections without causing high corneal staining in contact lens wearers.
If you are interested in the science behind RevitaLens OcuTec MPDS, you can also check out the video at http://vimeo.com/revitalens/videos
After 1 week trying :
My Experience the New Age of Intelligent Protection RevitaLens OcuTec
My contact lens feel Great on my eyes each time i wear it. It feels like i am wearing a new pair of lens every day and also the solution cleans my lens v well . Also, my lens feel more moisture and doesnt have the cloudly blurrness sometimes. End of the day i feel the condition of my lens is GREAT. I would recommand it for people have sensitive eyes , and infections . Time to re-look on how you clean your lens and also practise proper hygiene as our eye is the key to our soul.
Let your eyes impress them 🙂 yet have the comfort at ease, right at your finger tips 🙂 have fun trying it !!!
Before i go, check out check out http://www.facebook.com/ginevi coz i will be updating there.